Thursday, 12 February 2009

Happy meet-ups!

Happy meet upsMeet ups are meant to be fun: not a pain in the back side, right?


This week is the second week in a row I've gone out on a Thursday night and ended up having a beer (all be it a very nice beer) on my own.

It could possibly (rightly) be argued that it is my own fault for being rather "out of the loop"....

My problem is I don't really want to build relationships or make friends in the way I did when I was younger.
I don't need to be a part of a gang of three with their own private "in jokes".

What appeals to me is being able to hook up for a drink now and again with people: some of whom I've met on more than one occasion with the odd sprinkling of newly landed.

That's my intention behind trying to build a loosely connected community from the English speakers who find or have found* themselves living in and around Cologne.

p.s. If, Rob, you are the gent with the Nicolas Cage profile. I battled long and hard trying to formulate an approach method that wouldn't be taken as a pick-up. "Sind Sie..... ...... Rob?"
Couldn't bring myself to do it!



*Not "found themselves" in that way!

image credit: Matt West