Tuesday, 31 March 2009

"he's more of a man than you'll ever be"

The comment Chupacabra made regarding Terry Jones masquerading as Gordon Brown had me scratching my egghead trying to remember why that struck a chord. Was it because I was still haunted by his mesmerizing public display of booger-eating?



Then I remembered an article I read in the April 2008 Esquire by Dan Davies...



For reasons I can't fully remember and won't bore you about with details (contact me if you want me to send you a copy of the article), the author went on a journey across Great Britain in search of a body double? Did they want to make a British version of "Vantage Point"? Did they want to survey the best fish-n-chips available? Or was it a good excuse to get the editor to pay for a 2-week bender on English lager? Who knows? Who cares?

If you look at the 'runners up' and the 'winner' below - you might think that Esquire paid the authoer a little too much for the daily liquor consumption allowance on his Quixotic trapse in search of the holy replica.



Anyway, all this does is really give me a reason to fight some jet-lag and post one of my favorite punk songs lip-synched to with a decent interpretation of teenage-love-angst by Jilted John. Enjoy and happy Hump Day.