Saturday, 4 April 2009

The KKK came to Koln

If you love the Ramones like I do, then you'll appreciate the video in the middle as your reward for reading. But more importantly, did you make it out to the Kopf-Kissen-Kampf today at the DOM? In case you weren't aware - it was World Pillow Fight Day, and some people got downright into it. I'm still picking feathers out of my clothes. It looks like a major chicken-plucken-hoedown around the DOM.



I was just out enjoying the day on my bike and decided to head home via the Hohenzollern Bridge and cruise past the DOM and see which busker was making bank. Rather, I think I got hit with every couch cushion ever created. At least no one put some soda cans inside a pillow case like Sean Penn did in "Bad Boys" (the 1983 original).

Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me, but I found this FLICKR stream and the guy seems to have managed to keep a steady aim while dodging a feather-filled flogging. It was a good natured, global beat down with down.

Anyway, here's The Ramones with "The KKK Took My Baby Away" - performed in Sweden where the audience slept through this jam and The Ramones just rocked it that much harder!



I hope you're enjoying the weekend and this great Spring weather! I awoke to find the cherry tree in full blossom outside of my balcony. Yes Robert, that's where I dutifully hang my wet laundry to dry so I don't destroy the environment with some energy-grubbing, CO2-belching clothes dryer! :-) Only bad thing I noticed about this floral development is that the bees came a-buzzing and wanted to also check out what was inside my apartment so I had to keep the door closed. But since Albert Einstein predicted the end of the bees would be the end of the world, I suppose it's not such a bad thing after all. Thus, the bees opened the balcony-barbecue season!



Alliteration? Anyone?