Saturday, 9 January 2010

Taking the train


Not wanting to arrive unruffled out-of-breath, sweating, late and inappropriately dressed for my new job and admittedly growing a bit nesh, what with starting in the coldest month, I decided that I'd take the train (at least for a while) and splashed out for a months ticket / pass for KVB


I haven't, in the past, taken the tram on a regular basis: my expectation was for classic German efficiency, adhering to a finely calculated timetable.

Not really what I got: with constant delays. I guess the weather has been a little out of the ordinary but still....

The other thing that I'm wondering is how long I'll make it into the month ticket before I get "controlled"?
The first week's over and not a sniff so far of what I would affectionatly call a "conductor".
Do you thing I'll make a home run?

Nesh Definition
Being either afraid of the cold or feeling the cold a lot. Used across the Midlands of England and the north
Example
"You nesh git, you don't need a coat."